Landing Nav

Breadcrumb

Saints Fund

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19

The Saints Fund is vital to the ongoing ministry of Crean Lutheran High School and allows for an excellent and well-rounded education as we disciple our students to be faithful Christians, life-long learners, and servant leaders. Tuition dollars cover 87% of our students experience at Crean Lutheran. The remaining 13% is covered through the prayers and generosity of our community. This 13%, not covered by tuition, includes: academic programs, student services, sports programs, tuition assistance, performing and visual arts programs, facility maintenance, administration, and more.   
 
This academic year, we are prayerfully working to raise $500,000 for the Saints Fund. We are grateful for your prayerful consideration and your joyful generosity to Crean Lutheran's Saints Fund.

2019 Patron Saints Award Recipient

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.   Galatians 6:2

Meet Sue and Jeff Berkel, Crean Lutheran Alumni parents and recent recipients of the 2019 Patron Saints Award. The Berkels have served the school in numerous ways. They were active supporters of the Performing Arts department while at Crean Lutheran, served for over two years as Co-Chairs for the Press On Campaign, and are generous donors to Crean Lutheran, to name just a few.

Recently Sue met Emi, and would like to share her special story of faith with you.

“It has been said that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe God shows us His power and love in poignant ways when some of the best moments in our lives seem to have proverbially come “out of left field.”   My husband, Jeff and I became godparents to twin 5-year-old girls on Christmas Day, divinely connected because their mother, Emi, asked me for help in the family law courthouse in September 2017.  I was there helping another Crean Lutheran High School mom navigate her divorce. We were waiting in the hallway when a woman I had never met, named Emi said, “Are you a CPA?” and I answered yes. Emi continued, “I’ve been praying to God someone would help me with my divorce.”  I asked where she lived, and it turned out that she lived near me in Irvine. I smiled and said to myself, “Okay God, I’m listening.” Since that life-changing day, my husband and I have been blessed to help Emi secure 50% custody of her daughters, file for U.S. citizenship, negotiate her marital property settlement, and enroll her daughters in kindergarten.

Despite these successes, Emi continues to need help and I would ask our community to pray and possibly even step in to ensure her family’s needs are met. Most importantly, Emi needs to secure a job closer to her home in Irvine. Perhaps another crucial connection can be made right here within our own Crean Lutheran family. We would love to have the Crean Lutheran community pray for this dear family. In addition, I want to specifically appeal to any Mandarin-speaking Christians among us that can help provide fellowship and encouragement for this dear single mom and her daughters.”

With great appreciation,

Sue Berkel 
susanberkel714@gmail.com

 

We thank the Lord for you and your support of our mission of Proclaiming Jesus Christ through Excellence in Education.

If you need assistance or have any questions, please email Jacquie Antoun at antoun@creanlutheran.org

Give Now!