Strength & Performance Program
We strive to develop student athletes that are Strong in Faith, Strong in Body, and Strong In Mind.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Crean Lutheran athletes will achieve optimal performance through:
- General Strength Development
- Establishing Technique and Progression
- Minimizing the Risk of Injury
- Increasing Speed, Strength, and Power
Philosophy and Programming
We will develop athletes that are powerful, yet resilient according to the demands of their sport. Our athletes will be capable of achieving optimal performance at specific, critical times during the competitive season.
For the majority of team sports the optimal time is according to season (post-season, championships), however performance must also be achievable on a weekly basis for all athletes. The goal of off-season training is to greatly improve performance qualities. The goal of in-season training is to maintain, or continue to improve the qualities required in each sport.
We strive to have the knowledge and understanding of stressors in life as well as in performance to assist in managing the stress placed on every athlete. We want our athletes to develop the ability to recognize and understand the stress their body experiences so they can be effectively responsive to improving their own performance.
- Develop student athletes that glorify God through commitment, honor, and resilience.
- Develop athletes to take on the demands of their sport and minimize the risk of injury.
- Develop a competitive and mentally challenging environment for our athletes to train.