Crean Lutheran High School, in pursuit of its Mission Statement, Proclaiming Jesus Christ through Excellence in Education, recognizes that the best education comes from a partnership among students, parents, school, church and community. Therefore, Crean Lutheran welcomes conversations with students and families that are coming from non-traditional school settings (i.e. home school, one-on-one instruction, online instruction, etc).
- Model Details
- Application Steps
- Graduation Requirements
- Approved Academic Institutions
1. Create an account to begin the online application and pay the $50.00 application fee. Click here to apply.
After the application is submitted, you should compete the application checking in your student's portal:
- If you did not authorize a release of records when completing the application, please log in to your student's portal checklist and fill out the Request for Records Form and give it to your student's current school.
- Submit two online recommendations by logging in to your student's portal checklist and entering the email address of two references (one academic reference from a professional educator and a character reference from a non-family member).
- After your student's transcript, attendance, discipline, and immunization record have been received by admissions, you will receive an email allowing you to sign your student up for an interview.
The CLHS Hybrid option is available at the cost of $9,540 for the 2019-20 academic year and $9,995 for the 2020-21 academic year.
This fee allows the CLHS Hybrid student to:
(a) select and attend four classes (which must be approved by their counselor)
(b) participate on sports teams and in the accompanying Strength and Conditioning classes
(c) attend The College Blueprint courses which are available to full-time students
(d) make use of the Student Services Department which includes counseling
Hybrid student requirements to earn a diploma from Crean Lutheran High School:
1. Complete 27 total units within 10 subject areas.
2. Complete a minimum of two Crean Lutheran High School academic and/or theology units (e.g. theology, science, math, foreign language, English, and/or social science) each semester for a total of four (4) units in each academic year of attendance.
3. Obtain a minimum of twelve (12) Crean Lutheran High School academic and/or theology units.
Credits from WASC-accredited institutions may be transferred to the student’s CLHS transcript if approved and accepted by the CLHS Counseling Department.
CLHS Hybrid students must complete their additional required coursework as instructed by the Counseling Department at an approved academic institution. If a student wishes to pursue a course that is through a school that is not listed, approval must be obtained by the Counseling Department prior to enrolling in that course.
The CLHS Hybrid Option often serves as a first step in the transition to full-time enrollment at CLHS. As such, it has been implemented for incoming students only and is not available for students who have attended CLHS as full-time students at any point. CLHS Hybrid students are not eligible for financial aid.