Learning Success Program
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
The Learning Success Program (LSP), which serves roughly 12% of the total student body, positively impacts student learning. Specifically, the LSP supports students with documented learning disabilities (i.e. attention deficit disorders, specific learning disabilities, some students who are identified with Autism Spectrum Disorder, or other special education needs) so that their learning needs are accommodated. Students who learn differently are supported by the entire Crean Lutheran community. The overarching goal is to assist students to grow closer in their relationship with Jesus Christ, while helping them excel academically.
Learning Success Program costs are specifically earmarked to ensure appropriate staffing, tools, and services are available to successfully accommodate students. LSP Lab is strongly recommended for all LSP students. CLHS will partner with parents in determining whether or not LSP Lab is required.
- LSP Lab class: as determined through the assessment process- $1,750.00 annually (non-refundable)
- LSP students not enrolled in lab- $275.00 annually (non-refundable)
LSP Lab Benefits
LSP Lab provides a comprehensive and heightened level of service for LSP students and their families. Based on the level of service and the expertise of personnel associated with LSP Lab, LSP Lab is recommended for all students who have accommodations. Several of the benefits associated with LSP Lab are outlined below.
- LSP Lab students are assigned to the caseload of Mrs. Mary Oliver, Director of LSP, who has earned three Masters level degrees, is an expert in special
education, and has a PPS (School Counselor) credential.
- LSP Lab students are assigned to a LSP class. LSP classes represent a distraction-controlled environment, have an average size of 8 students, and a
maximum size of 14 students. During this class period, students are able to receive individualized attention from a specialized teacher.
- LSP Lab students receive a weekly update email from their LSP Lab teacher. This email provides information related to class progress, goals for the week, and other individualized information. LSP Lab parents have expressed that these emails strongly benefit them and their students in keeping track of progress, missing assignments, and grades.
- LSP Lab students receive college planning assistance specific to their needs (e.g. accommodations).
- LSP Lab students may use their LSP Lab period for testing purposes.
- LSP Lab students have access to a supply of additional materials ( e.g. textbooks,
computers, calculators, etc.)
Families seeking additional academic support at Crean Lutheran High School are asked to complete the following steps:
- Submit a written request for additional support to the Learning Success Program Director.
- Submit a psychoeducational evaluation report completed within the last three years.
- Submit supporting educational documents.
- Current school year report cards
- Historical report cards (minimum-last year's report cards)○
- Current IEP; if applicable
- Other evaluation reports (Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language etc.)
4. Schedule an appointment with the Learning Success Program Director. A recommendation for enrollment in the Learning Success Program is based on items outlined in our Parent/Student Handbook.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Mary Oliver - Learning Success Program Director
949.387.1199 ext. 2404