What We Believe
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24
What We Believe
At Crean Lutheran High School, we believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and we subscribe to the three Ecumenical Creeds (Apostle's, Nicene, and Athanasian), as well as the Lutheran Confessions as accurate statements regarding the truth of God's Word.
- Honor the Bible as the standard by which we must evaluate all belief, instruction, policy, and practice (2 Timothy 3:16).
- Remain true to our statement of faith (2 Timothy 1:13).
- Stay in close fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Don’t give Him reason to say, “I have this against you, that you have left your first love”(Revelation 2:4).
- Do the work of CLHS in the Lord’s wisdom, strength, and passions rather than trying to do it on our own or according to our own will. (Galatians 2:20; 3:3).
- Show a consistent pattern of behavior that distinguishes us as the Lord’s people, whether on or off the job (1 Peter 1:14-15).
- Always trust in God and do what is right (1 Peter 3:16).
- Strive for a quality of workmanship and presentation that will dignify, strengthen, and enhance our message (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Be faithful stewards of every resource entrusted to us (1 Corinthians 4:2).
- Recognize, respect, and support what the Lord is doing through all ministries of the church and school - not just our own area. (1 Corinthians 1:10-13).
- Avoid any lifestyle or work-practice that would compromise our purpose or weaken our effectiveness (2 Corinthians 6:14).
- Conduct our ministries in a way that supports, encourages, and complements the whole church (Ephesians 4:1-7).
- Be servant leaders of evident ability and character (Exodus 18:21; 1 Timothy 3:1-13).
- Provide the kind of personal, prompt, and practical attention that we would want for ourselves (2 Corinthiansa 4:5, 15).
- Speak the truth in love. Avoid being unnecessarily offensive (2 Timothy 2:24).
- Cultivate an open and honest relationship (2 Corinthians 4:2).
- Reflect Titus 2:7-8: “In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.”
- Reflect the highest sexual moral integrity consistent with Scripture… celibacy when single, fidelity when married. (Ephesians 5:3).
- Marriage, reflecting God’s love for His children, is to be honored and revered (1 Corinthians 7).
- Support the Bible’s intent that marriage is between one man and one woman in a lifelong commitment. (Romans 1:18-23).
- Avoid indebtedness (Romans 13:8).
- Never make organizational survival the dominant motive for decisions (Philemon 1:19-26).
- Avoid hubris and self-congratulation (Proverbs 27:2).
Plan for Evangelism"In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15
- Daily worship - corporate chapel and in-room devotions.
- A policy and practice of intentional Christian integration of witness, prayer, TLC, etc., in every aspect of the school -- from classroom settings to every team/sport/club.
- Respect of all persons and their current beliefs (while we are an overtly Christian school, it is not a requirement that students be Christian) within a context of a Christian community which, again, is respectful of all people, yet intentional and genuine regarding its commitment to Jesus Christ, Scripture, and Christian servant-leadership.
Who We Are
Lutheran High School of South Orange County; DBA: Crean Lutheran High School (CLHS) is a Recognized Service Organization (RSO), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). CLHS is one of approximately 130 domestic and international Lutheran High Schools in the LCMS and one of 8 high schools in the Pacific Southwest District of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
As a Recognized Service Organization of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, our teachings, decisions, and beliefs regarding scripture, baptism, communion, moral and ethical matters, and current faith-related issues, match those of LCMS. We respect, and actively work to support the doctrine and practices of the Synod.
For a detailed and comprehensive collection of statements addressing specific issues relating to Scripture, Baptism, Communion, moral and ethical matters, current faith-related issues, and other FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), please regularly visit the following web site: www.lcms.org. To read more about the beliefs and practices visit http://www.lcms.org/belief-and-practice.