Thus far the Lord has brought us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Our Mission: Proclaiming Jesus Christ through Excellence in Education
Strategies for Mission
Crean Lutheran High School, anchored to and guided by its Mission, intentionally and faithfully pursues its Vision goals by…
Providing students the highest quality Christ-centered education in an environment which nurtures faith and thankfully celebrates God's redemptive love and grace.
Equipping students to intentionally enter into God’s redemptive mission by learning to articulate and pass on the Gospel as well as to demonstrate His love for all people.
Developing the God-given skills and abilities necessary for students to become productive, responsible citizens whose growing relationship with Jesus Christ enables them to fulfill God's purpose in their daily lives and in their ultimate vocations.
Promoting healthy physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
Challenging students to excel, mature, and respond, both academically and socially, in a manner worthy of Christ, and to give guidance and counseling in that process.
Endowing students with a deep sense of servant leadership and Christian love that will impact the world and communicate the transforming power of Jesus Christ.
By the grace of God, Crean Lutheran High School will be…
A beacon which shines the light of Jesus Christ in a world of spiritual darkness.
A pursuit of excellence committed to providing Christian teachers and educational leaders who are empowered by the Holy Spirit and dedicated to establishing an exceptional educational framework that is innovative, future-oriented and responsive to the changing demands and needs of high school students in an increasingly complex and technologically advancing world.
A partnership of students, parents, school, church and community in pursuit of best educational practices.
A transformational experience for its students as they matriculate into disciples of Jesus Christ.
Expected Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
By the time of graduation, students will have the following self-identity and lifestyle:
I am a Christian
I have a relationship with Jesus Christ that is evident, and I am able to share the gospel through the power of the Holy Spirit.
I proclaim and defend the Gospel.
I grow in the understanding of God’s Word.
I fellowship and pray.
I am an active learner
- I use the gifts and abilities given to me by the Lord.
- I use technology appropriately.
- I apply knowledge both inside and outside of the classroom.
- I develop and demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- I communicate effectively through written, verbal, & auditory means.
- I collaborate with peers.
- I master a variety of disciplines.
I am a servant
- I demonstrate a Christ-like heart for local and global service.
- I respect and value the diversity of others.
- I live as a servant leader.
- I connect the heart of Christ to the world.
- I demonstrate faithful stewardship of God’s creation.
Measurable Discipleship Indicators
By the time of graduation, students will…
- Demonstrate a life that is Christ-honoring and purposeful by being loving, worshiping, praying, engaging in Bible studies, and witnessing as a servant of Jesus.
- View, interpret, and engage the world with a Christian perspective based on the truth of Jesus Christ and His Word.
- Be equipped and engaged in clearly and winsomely talking about Jesus Christ and the Christian faith.
Measurable Educational Indicators
By the time of graduation, students will…
- Meet the entrance requirements for colleges or universities of choice and, if admitted, be successful academically, socially and spiritually.
- Embrace a love of learning, be committed to life-long learning and willing to be advocates of a Christian worldview education for others.
- Possess superior communication skills, technological ability, international awareness, and a work ethic that will lead to success in employment and a positive and Christ-honoring contribution to the global community.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the sacrificial, principled Christian heritage of our nation, and be willing to contribute to its improvement through the practice of good citizenship, including voting, obeying the law, volunteering in the community, and being good neighbors.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and we subscribe to the three Ecumenical Creeds, as well as the Lutheran Confessions.
Crean Lutheran is academically excellent and distinctively Christ-centered.
Our Saints are equipped to succeed athletically, academically, emotionally, and spiritually at the college level. Over 60 athletes have participated in a National Signing Day in just 7 years.
Crean Lutheran High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Decidedly Christian! Distinctively Excellent!