Thus far the Lord has brought us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Our Mission: Proclaiming Jesus Christ through Excellence in Education
Strategies for Mission
Crean Lutheran High School, anchored to and guided by its Mission, intentionally and faithfully pursues its Vision goals by…
Providing students the highest quality Christ-centered education in an environment which nurtures faith and thankfully celebrates God's redemptive love and grace.
Equipping students to intentionally enter into God’s redemptive mission by learning to articulate and pass on the Gospel as well as to demonstrate His love for all people.
Developing the God-given skills and abilities necessary for students to become productive, responsible citizens whose growing relationship with Jesus Christ enables them to fulfill God's purpose in their daily lives and in their ultimate vocations.
Promoting healthy physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
Challenging students to excel, mature, and respond, both academically and socially, in a manner worthy of Christ, and to give guidance and counseling in that process.
Endowing students with a deep sense of servant leadership and Christian love that will impact the world and communicate the transforming power of Jesus Christ.
By the grace of God, Crean Lutheran High School will be…
A beacon which shines the light of Jesus Christ in a world of spiritual darkness.
A pursuit of excellence committed to providing Christian teachers and educational leaders who are empowered by the Holy Spirit and dedicated to establishing an exceptional educational framework that is innovative, future-oriented and responsive to the changing demands and needs of high school students in an increasingly complex and technologically advancing world.
A partnership of students, parents, school, church and community in pursuit of best educational practices.
A transformational experience for its students as they matriculate into disciples of Jesus Christ.
Expected Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
By the time of graduation, students will have the following self-identity and lifestyle:
I am a Christian
I have a relationship with Jesus Christ that is evident, and I am able to share the gospel through the power of the Holy Spirit.
I proclaim and defend the Gospel.
I grow in the understanding of God’s Word.
I fellowship and pray.
I am an active learner
- I use the gifts and abilities given to me by the Lord.
- I use technology appropriately.
- I apply knowledge both inside and outside of the classroom.
- I develop and demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- I communicate effectively through written, verbal, & auditory means.
- I collaborate with peers.
- I master a variety of disciplines.
I am a servant
- I demonstrate a Christ-like heart for local and global service.
- I respect and value the diversity of others.
- I live as a servant leader.
- I connect the heart of Christ to the world.
- I demonstrate faithful stewardship of God’s creation.
Measurable Discipleship Indicators
By the time of graduation, students will…
- Demonstrate a life that is Christ-honoring and purposeful by being loving, worshiping, praying, engaging in Bible studies, and witnessing as a servant of Jesus.
- View, interpret, and engage the world with a Christian perspective based on the truth of Jesus Christ and His Word.
- Be equipped and engaged in clearly and winsomely talking about Jesus Christ and the Christian faith.
Measurable Educational Indicators
By the time of graduation, students will…
- Meet the entrance requirements for colleges or universities of choice and, if admitted, be successful academically, socially and spiritually.
- Embrace a love of learning, be committed to life-long learning and willing to be advocates of a Christian worldview education for others.
- Possess superior communication skills, technological ability, international awareness, and a work ethic that will lead to success in employment and a positive and Christ-honoring contribution to the global community.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the sacrificial, principled Christian heritage of our nation, and be willing to contribute to its improvement through the practice of good citizenship, including voting, obeying the law, volunteering in the community, and being good neighbors.
We value faithfulness to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We practice faithfulness when we trust in God's plan of salvation, remain loyal and committed to Christ and His Word, and live according to His teachings. We cultivate faithfulness when we regularly study God's Word and speak with Him in prayer. We demonstrate faithfulness when we consistently model Christ-like behavior and lovingly encourage others in their faith walk, prioritize Him in our relationships, and turn to Him in challenging situations. We hinder faithfulness when we neglect God’s Word, drift from our Christian worldview, fail to participate in Christian fellowship, and prioritize worldly interests and success.
We value excellence as the Christ-honoring approach to working unto the Lord (Colossians 3:23-24). We pursue excellence when we maximize our unique and individual gifts in serving Christ and His kingdom. We promote excellence when we understand our gifts and utilize our talents to glorify Christ. We curtail excellence when we expect all individuals to excel in similar ways instead of appreciating the diverse gifts and talents found within the body of Christ.
We value stewardship of our time, talents, treasures, and testimony of faith, recognizing that all we have belongs to the Lord. We exhibit stewardship when we glorify and honor Christ by joyfully dedicating our lives and our resources for His kingdom purposes. We display stewardship when we dedicate our time to the service of God and others, utilize our talents to bring honor and glory to God in all that we do, share our treasures generously to support the Lord's work, and declare our testimony of faith with those not yet a part of the Lord's family. We neglect stewardship when we selfishly fail to share the many blessings that have been bestowed on us.
We value service because Christ first served us. We embrace service when we actively and joyfully serve God and others with servant hearts both on and off the campus. We display service when we participate in mission trips, community projects, extracurricular activities, and student clubs. We hinder service when we are selfish with our time and abilities and seek to glorify ourselves rather than God’s kingdom.
We value community, recognizing that what unites us in Christ is greater than any of our differences. We exhibit community when we live our faith as a family of Saints, support and encourage one another in love, and represent Christ to our world. We build community by being present and actively involved wherever God has placed us. We demonstrate community by helping those we know and those we do not know and by praying for them. We display community when we identify and meet the needs of the people around us. We hinder community when we isolate ourselves, are self-centered instead of others-centered, and fail to communicate with our brothers and sisters in the community.
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and we subscribe to the three Ecumenical Creeds, as well as the Lutheran Confessions.
Why Christian Education
Crean Lutheran is academically excellent and distinctively Christ-centered.
A Competitive Edge
Our Saints are equipped to succeed athletically, academically, emotionally, and spiritually at the college level. Over 70 athletes have participated in a National Signing Day in just 7 years.
Crean Lutheran High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Decidedly Christian! Distinctively Excellent!
A Crean Lutheran Saint is fully-devoted, Christ-centered, Biblically-thinking, world-changer.